Want to Know about my Christmas past?
borrowed from Anne.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I enjoy both equally, although my nog has to be soy and i like my hot chocolate made from scratch with peppermint in it.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? wraps the presents unless they are too big (like the bean bag chair i got one year).
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights on the tree-- it's the closest thing to burning candles. (and while i mentioning my lights-preference: i can not stand lights that blink un-synchronize in more than one strand. )
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Only if i can find the real stuff (which is toxic to eat i might add)
5. When do you put your decorations up? Some time between the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve-- it's different every year.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I like 'em all!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? One year my brother and i found a soot covered bag in our fire place ... we were pretty sure Santa left it. Another year i was pretty sure i saw Santa and his big toy bag work around our Christmas tree. As an adult i realize it was probably my father (work boots and all) "delivering" those bean bag chairs my brother and i wanted so much. but i still like to think i saw Santa. Oh, and one more: my mother made me a swiss -dot St. Lucia gown and my father rigged up a candle wreath that lit up with a battery pack. And in the tradition of St. Lucia, i made sweet buns in the morning and carried them out to my family sitting in the dark room waiting to open up presents.
8 . When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When my younger brother opened up his package clearly marked From Santa and said, "thanks mom and dad for the _____ (insert really cool toy of the year)". I didn't really ever want to believe there wasn't a Santa-- i still don't -- but i "know".
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? A s a child we could open one small package on Christmas Eve (after church) and all the rest on Christmas morning. As an adult with out children, we don't really have a "system" yet.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Very carefully. Just kidding, with white lights, ornaments that have been given to me since birth and a few candy canes for fun.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! Especially when it makes for a White Christmas.
12. Can you ice skate? A little-- for fun , if we make it to the mountains that have a rink set up.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No t really, which makes me a little sad because i know my parents (and Santa) worked hard to get me the things i desired each year.
14. What's your favorite thing about the holidays? The lights, the decorations, the traditions and the special foods that are only available this time of year.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? This year: Peppermint Bark.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? i'm not sure. I know we have traditions, but they don't seem very traditional to me.
17. What tops your tree? a homemade cardboard star wrapped in foil.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I've been pretty good about buying myself presents this year-- but i like making presents the best. I like to have Elf-ie moments all season long.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I can not pick just one-- but this year i can not stop listening to Wintersong by Sarah McLachlan.
20. Candy canes yuck or yum? Yum, Yum, Yum-- peppermint bark.